oh, the possibilities

The warm spinach salad from Breakside Brewery has had occupied my mind for days. They toss the spinach with chèvre, prosciutto, carmelized onions, wild mushrooms, and roasted garlic - with an olive oil/balsamic dressing. (These are a few of my favorite things...) I shared a few bites, but later realized I had eaten all the creamy chèvre bites before sharing. I guess we'll have to go back.
I half-created a similar salad tonight, but my garlic wasn't roasted in time and I didn't have the prosciutto or mushrooms. So, it was a different salad. But I did have pancetta, which was a suitable meat substitution and sparked my taste memory. In the spirit of cured meat and cheese happily coexisting, and because I was obsessing about that salad at breakfast, I scrambled some eggs and added comté and salami. Oh, the possibilities. Speaking of obsessing about food... Over the last couple months, I have tried again and again to eat at a food cart, but every time I get there, they are closed. Too late, too early, out of food. They leave notes stating the reason. I don't know if I should give up or try harder. I'm tempted to start leaving notes in response.

Comments

Popular Posts