Tuesday, June 15, 2010

oh, the possibilities

The warm spinach salad from Breakside Brewery has had occupied my mind for days. They toss the spinach with chèvre, prosciutto, carmelized onions, wild mushrooms, and roasted garlic - with an olive oil/balsamic dressing. (These are a few of my favorite things...) I shared a few bites, but later realized I had eaten all the creamy chèvre bites before sharing. I guess we'll have to go back.

I half-created a similar salad tonight, but my garlic wasn't roasted in time and I didn't have the prosciutto or mushrooms. So, it was a different salad. But I did have pancetta, which was a suitable meat substitution and sparked my taste memory.

In the spirit of cured meat and cheese happily coexisting, and because I was obsessing about that salad at breakfast, I scrambled some eggs and added comté and salami. Oh, the possibilities.

Speaking of obsessing about food... Over the last couple months, I have tried again and again to eat at a food cart called Nuevo Mexico, but every time I get there, they are closed. Too late, too early, out of food. They leave notes stating the reason. I don't know if I should give up or try harder. I'm tempted to start leaving notes in response. "What does it take to get a sopapilla?"

No comments:

Post a Comment